Subscribe to our RSS Feeds

Basic concept of computer

0 Comments »

Basic concept of computer

A computer system consists of various hardware components that play certain roles in computer systems. These components are interconnected to each other in such a way so that the computer can perform its desired functions. The main components of the computer systems are:

   1. C.P.U
   2. Main memory
   3. I/O module
   4. System bus
   5. C.P.U registers

Processor

Processor is the main component of the computer system. It controls the operations of the computer and co-ordinate the other components of the computer. It performs all the function according to program instruction. It consider as the brain of the computer. Many new systems have more than one processor.

Main memory

The program and data must be loaded into main memory of the computer before execution. So it is known as the working area of the computer. The main part (Kernal) of the operating systems also loaded into the memory during the booting process of the computer and performs different type of function residing in the main memory. It’s also known as temporary memory. If the computer system shut down or power cut-off all the data is cleared from the memory.

I/O Module

I/O module is an electronic component. It is also known as I/O (input/output) controller or controller deceives. The data and programs instruction moved between the computer and its external device through I/O modules. Each I/O device have its own I/O module to communicate with processor.

System Buses

A system bus is the electronic path through which data and command signals are communicated between the computer components, such as between main memory, processor, and I/O modules. Systems buses further divided into

   1. Data Bus
   2. Address Bus
   3. Control Bus

C.P.U Registers

It is the most important part of C.P.U. Each register performs a specific function.

   1. M.A.R (Memory Address Register)
   2. M.B.R (Memory Buffer Register)
   3. I/O AR (I/O Address Register)
   4. I/O BR (I/O Buffer Register)
   5. P.C (Program Counter)
   6. I.R (Instruction Register)
   7. Flag register
   8. Stack control register 
11:26 AM

0 Responses to "Basic concept of computer"

Post a Comment